COMPOSOLITE® Secondary Containment Systems
Originally developed for American Electric Power, Strongwell's COMPOSOLITE® Secondary Containment System is ideal for use in any application requiring secure containment of liquid or solid materials. The lightweight, high strength pultruded fiberglass Containment System is much easier and more cost effective to install than poured-in-place concrete or earthen containment alternatives. The system also can easily be installed in confined or remote areas and easily removed if necessary.
Each COMPOSOLITE® Secondary Containment System is designed for your specific application. Systems are shipped in kit form for field assembly. Standard wall heights are 24", 30", or 36" (other heights available upon request). A liner and drain system (offered by others) can be added to provide a complete wall/floor/drain system in applications involving liquid containment.
Features and Benefits:
- Easy to Install
- Reduced Installation Costs
- Corrosion Resistant
- Low Maintenance
- Low Conductivity
- Easy to Transport
Typical Applications include: Oil containment for electric substation transformers, secondary containment for chemical storage areas, and containment walls around construction sites.
Each containment system is shipped with the following materials:
COMPOSOLITE® panels - maximum length 24' (weight approximately 7.5 lbs/ft. for standard panel)
- Square tubes for post with pre-drilled holes
- Corner angles with pre-drilled holes
- 316 stainless steel bolts
- Cap channel with nylon rivets - furnished in 20' lengths for field cutting
- Drill bits for bolts and rivets
- Tubes of Pliogrip® adhesive
- Adhesive applicator
- Splice plates with pre-drilled holes
- Flat strips and self-tapping screws for liner